Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Amy Winehouse

"You Know I'm No Good"







U.K. soul singer Amy Winehouse is a mess, but at least she’s willing to admit it. She’s been known to be inebriated during shows to the point of not being able to function. She’s become the “What’s she going to do next?” girl. It’s gotten to the point where her bad press has gotten more attention than the music, but who goes to the record store to buy bad press? It would be a shame if it kept anyone from discovering how talented she is, and luckily it hasn’t (Jay-Z was spotted at her first U.S. show). “You Know I’m No Good” finds Amy owning up to her faults over a loose 60’s style track. Produced by Mark Ronson with backing band The Dap Kings, it sounds like a classic soul song with a hip-hop edge. But nothings sweet about the situation. Apparently Amy can’t keep the lovin’ at home. “I told you that I was troubled, you know that I’m no good,” Amy confesses to her man while somehow managing to keep us on her side at the same time. At least she warned him, right?




Download >>You Know I'm No Good

No comments: