Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The Cinematic Orchestra

"To Build A Home (Feat. Patrick Watson)"











I'm a sucker for cinematics. So, at least for me, the aptly titled Cinematic Orchestra can't possibly go wrong. This track, featuring Patrick Watson, is a beautifully drawn out soundscape, scoring the precious moments between the complexities of day-to-day life and the simple things we take for granted. Simplicity is also key to the song. "This is a place where I don't feel alone/This is a place where I feel at home." It's a basic discovery that may seem trite or cheesy to most ears, but will resonate with those that have felt alienated in their own abode. It's not necessarily an ode to the outcast, but more a celebration of one of the most basic human needs: the need to belong. I know, I know, it sounds like overwrought philosophical blah-blah-blah. But it's hard not to dig for a deeper meaning when things are made so beautifully simple.



Download >>To Build A Home (Feat. Patrick Watson)

No comments: