Thursday, May 3, 2007

YACHT

“So Post All ‘Em”






Forgive me, but I’m slightly baffled. YACHT is one half of the blow, and the man responsible for all of those hot tracks on Paper Television right? Right. So how come “So Post All ‘Em,” the lead off track from his ridiculously titled solo album I Believe In You. Your Magic Is Real sounds like some experimental, tribal voodoo dance? Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great start. I only wish the rest of the album indulged in more of the left-field Animal Collectivism of this track. It sounds like a dozen acoustic guitar overdubs with a dozen galloping hand drums to match. Of course, he adds in random effects and other manipulations to remind you you’re not listening to Brazilian folk music (no, I don’t have any idea what that really sounds like either). The song does a good job of blurring the lines between electronic and acoustic. If only the other tracks on I Believe… followed suit…



Download >>So Post All ‘Em

No comments: