Friday, June 15, 2007

Yeah Yeah Yeah's

"Down Boy"






I hope I’m not the only one that prefers the messy garage rock from Yeah Yeah Yeah’s Fever To Tell as opposed to the orderly-by-comparison Show Your Bones. If not, rejoice with me fellow fans of old. YYY’s are set to release the Is Is EP, a batch of songs recorded back in ’04. It’s a good reminder of why I loved this band in the first place; heavy, ferocious guitar licks, killer drumming, and Karen O’s hungry growl. They also had a great balance of sweetness and sweat, as “Down Boy” displays so well. The song could easily be the sound of the two albums combined, effectively balancing the raunchy rock with well-measured constraint. If the YYY’s decide to re-embrace the sound of their first full length, it would probably be the first time I couldn’t fault a band for doing the same thing twice.



Download >>Down Boy

No comments: