Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Kissaway Trail

"Tracy"






Bear with me on this one. While “Tracy” starts off wonderfully, I have a feeling this guys voice is going to be the deal breaker for most. When most people complain about indie rock, the number one criticism is that the singer’s voice is too winy. And while nothing makes me cringe more than a winy voiced sissy singer, I don’t get the same vehement feelings with The Kissaway Trail. Maybe I’ve been listening to too much Joanna Newsom. Besides the higher pitched lets-sing-at-the-very-top-of-our-range vocals, “Tracy” should feel familiar to most. While the band could have rested on the infectious, bouncy guitar line alone, they do a great job of fleshing out the arrangement. The bands self title debut ranges from the innocent enthusiasm of “Tracy” to the ambitiously dramatic, but is not always successful in either. Still, most bands would kill to have just one “Tracy” under their belt.

Oh yeah, and I was told not to mention that the band is from Denmark.



Download >>Tracy

No comments: