Thursday, April 26, 2007

Matzak

"Girl In The Water"













I usually leave the electronic stuff to our digital guru Jared, but I couldn’t resist with this one. I haven’t been able to shake “Girl In The Water” from my playlist since I got my hands on Matzak's excellent Life Beginnings. I'm amazed at how well the track travels the path from minimalist techno to maximalist textures. From the classic drum machine bassline to the typical rave organ stabs, all the standard ingredients are there. Hyperactive airbrush sounds seem to drive the rhythm into new territory without touching the actual tempo of the song. Since most electronic music of this kind lacks any formal melody (at least to untrained ears), it’s always a curious thing when a song gets stuck in your head. It’s as if there’s some secret ingredient at work, but what it is is beyond me. I just know that “Girl In The Water” has fit perfectly for whatever mood I’m in at that given moment.



Download >>Girl In The Water

No comments: